Join the California Truth & Healing Council on March 17 for its first quarterly hybrid regional meeting!
In-person participation will be limited due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic to ensure the safety of all participants and high-risk individuals from the California Native American community in attendance. Register to participate in-person by COB Friday, March 11 at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/288546348897.
NOTE: Registration does not guarantee your in-person participation. Participation is limited due to the COVID-19 pandemic and will be prioritized, as detailed below. All questions may be directed to email@example.com.
In-person participation for Day 1 (3/17) will be prioritized as follows:
- Governing Council and Staff of the California Truth & Healing Council
- California Native American tribes and individuals indigenous to the Sacramento region
- California Indian Heritage Center Task Force Members
- Native American Heritage Commission Members
- California Native American individuals living in the Sacramento region
- California Native American-serving organizations and institutions local to the Sacramento region
- California Native American tribes and individuals living outside the Sacramento region
- Academics, related or supportive organizations and media local to the Sacramento region
- Members of the public
Confirmed in-person participants for Day 1 will receive participation details upon successful registration and approval.
In-person participation for Day 2 will be limited to the Governing Council and Staff of the California Truth & Healing Council, panelist and invited guests. All other participants will be provided with a link for hybrid participation.
All guests, staff, and members of the media will be required to adhere to any additional measures required by the event’s local public health jurisdiction, including proof of vaccination and other requirements that are more restrictive than those laid out above/below.
All in-person attendees will be required to provide proof of vaccination upon entry. Digital vaccine records can be obtained at https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/ and photo verification is acceptable.
All in-person attendees will be required to submit a daily electronic self-attestation form that they are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 prior entering in-person portions of the event.
Masks will be required for all indoor portions of the event.
All attendees, regardless of vaccination status, are asked to not attend in-person if you or anyone in your household:
- Are sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19. Symptoms include coughing, sore throat, shortness of breath, fever or chills, muscle or body aches, vomiting or diarrhea, and a new loss of sense of smell or taste.
- Have come into contact with someone who is COVID-19 positive.
- Have been tested and are awaiting results.
- Have received a positive COVID-19 test.
Attendees unable to attend in-person will be provided a link for virtual participation.
(Optional) Wednesday, March 16 (In-Person)
4PM-6PM: Site Visit and Listening Session for Interpretive Changes at Sutter’s Fort State Park.
Thursday, March 17 (In-Person/Interactive Streaming – Registration Required)
9:30AM-Noon: California Truth & Healing Council Talking/Listening Circle at the Future Site of the California Indian Heritage Center in West Sacramento. In-person participation limited and prioritized (see above). Streaming and online Q&A for web participatns.
Noon-1:30: Lunch Onsite.
Afternoon: Archives/California Museum/State Library primary source and oral history viewing. Pre-registration required for viewing.
Friday, March 18 (Virtual)
9AM-Noon: California Truth & Healing Council Hearing. In-person participation limited to Governing Council and Staff, panelists and invited guests. Streaming and online question and answer for web participants.
Edit 3/11/22: Eventbrite registration link corrected