Please join the California Truth & Healing Council on May 1 & 2 for a Quarterly Meeting in the Lake Tahoe Region. We are grateful to be partnering with the Washoe Tribe of Nevada and California & the Nevada Indian Commission for this important convening. We invite you and your community to join us – we especially encourage alumni/survivors of Stewart Indian School and their families to attend.
The Meeting is open to all Native American people and the general public, however California Native American participation during the Meeting will be prioritized. This meeting will be fully in-person and the recording will be posted to the Tribal Affairs YouTube page when it is available.
Monday, May 1, 2023
– Palisades Tahoe – Olympic Village Event Center –
1901 Chamonix Place, Olympic Valley, CA 96146.
Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Stewart Indian School Cultural Center and Museum-
1 Jacobsen Way, Carson City, NV 89701.
The Nevada Indian Commission is making self-guided walking tours available of Stewart Indian School Cultural Center and Museum from 9:00AM-12:00PM.
Please note that pre-registration is not required to attend, but it is strongly recommended as we will be sending out updates, parking and other logistical information through Eventbrite. Please register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/california-truth-healing-council-may-2023-quarterly-meeting-tickets-608905551897
Final agenda to be posted at tribalaffairs.ca.gov/cthc/meetings
All in-person attendees will be required to adhere to the venue’s COVID-19 protocols. All attendees, regardless of vaccination status, are asked to not attend in-person if you or anyone in your household:
- Are sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19. Symptoms include coughing, sore throat, shortness of breath, fever or chills, muscle or body aches, vomiting or diarrhea, and a new loss of sense of smell or taste.
- Have come into contact with someone who is COVID-19 positive.
- Have been tested and are awaiting results.
- Have received a positive COVID-19 test.